Monday, September 21, 2009

Rattle Snakes

I wish I had my camera Saturday night, dang it. So we went up to my Uncle John's this weekend to hang out and have a little mini vaca. Saturday night we decided to go to my Grandpa Don's for dinner and on our way there I seen something on the road and about 10 feet in front of that "thing" I seen something else with rattles sticking up in the air. I slammed on my brakes and said "Holy sh** those are rattle snakes" so we backed up and sure enough they were. Aunt Korlynn and John were behind us in their car so they stopped as well. My uncle John had a little pistol on him so he went to the first one and shot it (took a couple times) and then he went to the BIG one and shot at it but didn't hit it and he ran out of bullets so he got in the back of the car and got a snow scraper....yep a SNOW SCRAPER and Scott got one as well so they tried cutting its head off with one of those but it only ticked him off even more and he struck at uncle John a couple times. I was sitting in the car this whole time cause Im terrified of snakes so he finally told me to go get his other gun from his house. He then shot it (blowing its head off) It was very odd to see two rattle snakes only 10 feet from each other at 9 o'clock at night on the road. I was so excited cause I have been asking my uncle John to get a snake skin for me for the last 2 yrs and so I finally got one. I'll soon have the skins hanging on my wall to remind me every day of how they died. It was so funny....guess you would have to be there to see it. Lesson for the week: Dont go for a walk at my grandpa's farm in the middle of the night especially on the road :)

2 comments:

Maclaine & Sara said...

Nasty...I hate snakes! And I remember the snake skin your mom & dad had hanging in their house. Are you carrying on the tradition? :)

Trussell Family said...

ha ha thats so funny i can totally picture that whole thing in my head thats awesome