
This accident scared the living daylights out of us all. Kimber finally got enough nerve to ride in Keegan's little car with him and this is the outcome. She was in the back of it and they were driving around in the shop. Keegan wasn't watching where he was going and hit a stand that was holding a 250 lb pipe that Scott was welding. The stand came down and flipped them out of the car and then the pipe fell right on the back of Kimber's head. We rushed her right to the ER where we had to sit for several hours. The x-rays "looked good" and she was acting ok so they let us come home. I didn't sleep at all that night. I sat up and watched her sleep and then would have to wake her up every two hours. I sat there and cried looking at my helpless baby girl with this HUGE wound on her little head and couldn't help but think that I could've lost her that day. I am so grateful that God was watching over her and protected her. Im grateful to have her in my life and for the opportunity to be her earthly mother. Im grateful that I am able to be a stay at home mother and watch my kids grow. But most of all Im grateful for God!!!

This is what she looked like the following day. Her eye was almost swollen shut and she didn't understand why she couldn't open it. She kept rubbing it to "wake it up" I couldn't let her out of my site the whole day. I sat with her while she napped, any where I would go I made sure she was right there with me. She was a trooper and only really just wanted to keep looking in the mirror at her "owey"

I let her play with my makeup....She put makeup on the right side of her head to match the left side. But she had fun doing it and that's all that mattered to me. This accident opened my eyes to how precious and fragile my kids are, and how fast I could lose them. I learned alot, like how I was taking my kids for granted thinking they would always be around and as long as I was here with them they would be "safe" Reality is I CANT keep them safe, but as long as I pray to my heavenly father and put my faith in him they WILL be ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment