Its still dark outside and my house is so quiet (except for the ticking of the clock) I obviously didn't sleep very well at all last night...My mind wouldn't turn off! I know I'll regret not forcing myself go back to sleep later in the day but for now, oh well!
A really good old friend of mine called me yesterday, in fact its been so long that I had no idea who it was for a min. I love getting phone calls out of the blue from old friends! We chatted for a good hour or more about the events that have been going on in our lives since we talked last. He of course has had one heck of a bumpy road. His wife had just had a baby boy and then a couple months later he (my friend) had a stroke. Then a couple months after that had congestive heart failure. All from 3 infected teeth that he didn't even know was infected!! Anyways, as we talked he had told me that he got a couple blessings while he was in the hospital and that when his dad was ready he was going to be baptized. I was SHOCKED to say the least. He has never really been "close" to God or really ever wanted much to do with the church at all. He said that "God had to knock me on my butt to make me open my eyes, so all of this was.. in a way a blessing" It just goes to prove that God works in unimaginable ways. Yesterday I really didn't put a lot of thought into our conversation until I had time to think about it (yep, at night is when I think the most). And he said one thing that stood out to me besides him finding God again. He said "we take so many things for granted until we don't have them anymore" I remember feeling the exact same way in March 2010. Maybe this was God's way of telling me that I am not being grateful enough for the things that I have and for the opportunity I have to be a mother (a stay at home mother at that) and a wife. I stress about the "Little" things in life, the things that in the end really do not matter. I take for granted even the simple little kisses and hugs that I get every day from my kids as they quickly run off. I often wish for some "alone time" no kids, no sounds, just me and my thoughts. And now I regret ever feeling that way. I love my family more than anything in this world! I am so thankful for them, their health, their love, the hugs and kisses that they are still willing to give me, I am grateful for the gospel, for the knowledge of God and Jesus Christ, I am grateful for my husband and his patience with me (and he needs a lot of it with me :)) There are just so many things that I am grateful for and I need to show and say it more often. I need to let the ones I love know that I love them more often than I do. I need to spend more one on one time with my kids and not wish for alone time. I need to be a better example, I need to be the best person that God knows I can be!
No comments:
Post a Comment