Things needed:
5 gallon bucket
Empty laundry container to put the soap in after it is done (I have used Apple juice, milk and empty laundry bottles in the past and they all work great) Make sure you have at least 2 gallons
1 cup Washing Soda
1 cup Borax
1/2 bar of Fels-Napa soap (or any kind of bar soap you like)
2 cups of Laundry Soap (optional)
2 cups of Laundry Soap (optional)
First thing is to grate the bar of soap into fine pieces like the above picture
In a big sauce pan bring 6 cups of water and the grated soap to a boil. Stir until all the soap is melted. Then add 1 cup Washing soda and 1 cup Borax (I add them sep so they can dissolve faster) boil until the Borax and washing soda are completely dissolved looking like the above picture.
In the bucket put 1 gallon and 8 cups of HOT water. Add the soap mixture, stirring well to mix it all together. Then add 2 cups of your favorite laundry soap (I don't always do this! only if I have some on hand)
Once it is mixed together I pour it into whatever empty container I have on hand. Today it was a laundry soap container :) It filled this big one so make sure you have at least a 2 gallon or 2- 1 gallon container to put it in.
Let it sit for 24 hours and wahla you have your own laundry soap. This recipe is doubled so sometimes the gel is a little chunky so make sure you shake it really well before you use it. Only use 1/2 cup per load (Or a regular laundry cup that comes on your container) There have been several occasions that I have needed to use it before it was "set" and it still worked great!
If you have any questions feel free to ask me. I have been making this for a couple years now and I LOVE IT!!! It works better than the "name brand" soaps in my personal opinion :)
No comments:
Post a Comment